YRNA provides nursing practice consultation in order to promote safe nursing care and prevent problems arising in nursing practice settings.
Nurses can experience difficulties in providing safe, quality care to clients and have concerns about handling professional problems and practice issues. Employers, colleagues and the public can have questions about nursing policies and practices.
If you have a professional problem or a question or concern about nursing practice-either related to a specific practice, a practice setting or a general nursing question-you can call the YRNA office for information. The YRNA office is open Monday to Friday and professional nursing staff are available to offer support, advice and resource information to registered nurses, the public or others with an interest in health care services.
YRNA can assist by:
- providing confidential support and advice to members and others regarding nursing practice;
- assisting you to deal with practice problems or concerns about client care;
- providing advice on nursing policies and procedures;
- interpreting professional legislation, regulations, code of ethics, standards of practice and YRNA policy positions;
- assisting you with the application of standards, guidelines and policies related to nursing practice;
- consulting with the Nursing Practice Committee or Registration Committee as appropriate;
- directing you to an appropriate resource which has the expertise to assist you with a specific or specialized issue.
YRNA can also provide information on trends and issues which are affecting, or are expected to affect, the practice of nursing.
YRNA staff can be reached at 867-667-4062.
- Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses, CNA (2008)
- Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses
- Resolving Professional Practice Issues (1997)
- Canadian Nurses Protective Society