Board of Directors
The YRNA Board of Directors consists of 7 RN members as well as a Public Representative. The Executive Director serves as a non-voting member of the Board. The Board holds regular monthly meetings. The Annual General Meeting of the association is held in Whitehorse in the spring.
Each position on the YRNA Board has a 2 year term, renewable for a second term, with the exception of the President-elect which is a 1 year position leading into a 2 year term as President followed by a 1 year term as Past President.
Board Members for 2015
Sean Secord, RN
Christina Sim, RN
Andrea Mainer, RN
Dianne Hart, RN
Krystal Feres, RN
Walker Graham, RN
Julie Tipping, RN
Alexandra de Jong Westman
The Board of Directors shall carry out the following items. The duties of the Board are outlined in more detail in section 7 of the Bylaws of the Association.
- establish the goals, objectives and policies of the Association;
- approve the appropriation, investment and disbursement of the funds of the Association including the annual budget;
- prepare and submit to each annual meeting of the Association a financial statement of the operations of the Association for the past year;
- appoint the Executive Director of the Association and authorize the appointment of such additional employees as the Board may consider necessary for the conduct the business of the Association, and prescribe the duties of such employees;
- generally direct and conduct the business and affairs of the Association;
- perform all duties as set out in the Act, By-laws, and Regulations.